SQL - Level 2 - Beyond the Basics of Writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures - (Two Day Class)
Prerequisite: Basics of Writing Queries and Stored Procedures or equivalent knowledge of SELECT, WHERE, HAVING, ORDER BY, GROUP BY techniques in writing a SQL query. Students should also be familiar with data types, Primary Keys and creating a Variable. Knowing how to create a simple View or Stored Procedure is helpful, but not required.
Course Description: Description : Beyond the Basics of Writing Queries and Stored Procedures provides students with skills to handle more advanced topics such as:
• Using Cast and Convert to combine unlike columns and produce formatted output data .
• Designing CASE statement to handle if-then- else clauses in simple examples and then more complex situations.
• Handling NULLS in orphan records and empty cells.
• Exploring the design features of the Object Explorer such as creating a Data Design document. • Defining and recognizing Primary and Foreign keys in a table. • Creating, Updating and Deleting tables for permanent or temporary use.> • Presenting Top and Bottom results in a report.
• Exploring Subqueries more in depth. • Comparing and testing Joins and Subqueries for efficiency.
• Providing more advanced grouping techniques to create Crosstab reports.
• Filtering data with WHERE and HAVING and IF EXISTS.
• Creating Stored Procedures that include Input and Output parameters .
• Defining our own User Defined Functions called UDFs.
SQL - Level 2 - Beyond the Basics of Writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures - (Two Day Class) on
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
CLASS NUMBER: 36564
Number of Days: 1
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM